Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Baton almost at the end

Bersawang sudah sini.

Anywayssss... Two more weeks and we'll bid 2013 au revoir. So fast eh? Cliche. I know. My birthday is in few days time too. Will officially turns 35 comes 21st. I always say 'officially' cos when the year changes, I always think my age starts changing on the first day of a new year albeit having twelve months ahead before the number changed.

Funny how age makes you think the world spins too fast. The time ticks as if there's another unit quicker than a Planck time (And yes, I googled that cos I didn't know what is the smallest measurement of unit in time other than nanosecond. You can say it too, "Now I know".) Light and darkness pass by like strangers. By the end of the day, you'll end up saying "but I am not done yet".

It's true right? You feel it too.

Perhaps, that is due to age catching up and the fact that, upon reaching the 30's and going up you start realizing that even if you live up to 30 more years, it is still a short period. Why? Cos when you look behind, there's always this feeling of missing the ol' glorious years of being young, reckless and at the top of the world. And when that feeling creeps in, you start thinking how you have aged...and living 30 years since birth is (really) just a blink of an eye. So, what more another 30 years?

Geez, I sound pathetic up there.

I remember a quiz from one women's magazine; Do you feel contented with your life?

I used to say that I am.

After a while (and I blame the aging process), I feel a little bit less of content about the life I'm living now. As if, there are more to achieve. More to be done. More can be done. More. More. More.

And they say, be grateful with what you have.

I guess, I am not as grateful as I think I am.

But then again, trying to be grateful is better than  not be grateful at all, yes?

So yeah, I will not stop trying to be grateful. To feel blessed.

This is my advance birthday rambling cos don't think I'm able to write this long on my birth date. Gonna be somewhere deep in the jungle. Ha!

On a different note, Christmas is around the corner. Here's our 2013 Christmas tree; Toy themed tree!




1 comment:

On yet?

When i was 6, in Kindergarten, i have vivid memory of the nun (although not her face) who scolded me for not being able to read. Told me rep...