Friday, August 23, 2013

Something to tick off...

I am participating in Borneo International Marathon 2013.
As a runner!
Duh.

I have thought of it since last year but was not courageous enough to sign up cos I was never a long distance runner. I do not know how far I could cope with running more than a 400m distance (that's the furthest I ran for a competition). Yet, knowing that I would never know my limit and capability if I don't give myself a shot intimidates me. I would not have joined this race if the run was not postponed to three months later though. So when it was postponed and my friend, Maslight gave a shout out about it... heck, it's now!

I had roughly two months to train but Miss Sloth in me always came in between. In the end, I only have two weeks. My last training was yesterday. I managed to clock a good time for a 10km distance. I am happy. At least, I know I can do this.




So yeah, this Sunday, August the 25th.... Chegu Carol is going to run a marathon. Never mind it is only a 10km marathon. I hope to be able to strike 'Run a (10km) marathon' off my list this year. 

God's willing.

Siapa-siapa yang join tu BIM2013, jumpa di sanaaaaaaa.....

Til next post!
Hugs.

10 comments:

  1. All the best Kay :) enjoy ur run. This year sia inda join, maybe next year lah hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dith. Hope to finish the run within the time i set for myself. :)

      Delete
  2. see you there. i'll be there from 2am. not running, just watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taking photos i presume? If you see me, you know the drill then? :) see you!

      Delete
  3. Siok!! Next year I'll try to join. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoaaaa!! 10km?? Salute oh!! I can't run that far. Pingsan siring jalan hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fay, thanks for dropping by here. Dulu, I thought the same as well. But proud to say that I have done the 10km run within the time limit and now, i look forward for a longer distance. Macam siok pula. Ha!

      Delete

On yet?

When i was 6, in Kindergarten, i have vivid memory of the nun (although not her face) who scolded me for not being able to read. Told me rep...