Monday, August 12, 2013

Yoga Progress: Standing Bow

Standing Bow pose has been one of my favourite pose from the first day I started practicing yoga. I just feel deeply mesmerized by the position of the body, the curve of the back, the elongated one leg up and the balance the whole body gets by simply stretching one end of the hand and the other leg. It just look so elegant. No wonder, it is also called a Dancer's Pose.

When I first started, I didn't know how to place my legs and abs properly.


On Day two, after throughly studying the pose, I managed to properly lift up my leg and align my torso.




Coming to Week Two and after pretty much digging details of the pose, I was able to get into some proper form of it. And I must admit, I kind of love the progress.



On the following week, I was aiming to get the back leg straighter and torso more aligned with the floor by arching the spine more. I didn't get much progress aside maintaining the posture I achieved from the week before.



Unfortunately, I was too ambitious the following week when doing Intense Side Stretch pose. I injured my left back thigh causing intense pain whenever I tried to stand straight on it.  It's been a week and the muscle is showing sign of recovery but VERY slow. I couldn't wait and so I trained my other leg to be the standing leg. This is as much I could do with my left side. Back too stiff to arch. *sigh*



Praying that my injury will get better as soon as possible. However, I feel good about the overall progress. I have been very religious with my practice and started to do yoga on daily basis from the 4th week.

How do I stay put?

Let's just say, Instagram and the people in it makes me motivated. Ha!

Till next post!
*hugs*

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Apa erti daebak tu beaty? :)

      Delete
    2. mesti pengaruh running man ni si beaaty..x tau pa maksd sbb anak buah sa selalu sebut. dia ckp dari running man..

      Delete
    3. the best bh tu ...hi hi hi

      Delete
  2. seeing your progress gives me motivation! but... tidak cukup sabar bah nie =="

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im trying to slow down a bit also cos i think i've been too impatient and rigorous with my practice, i keep having sores as well as minor injuries. But yes, when you see progress bikin tida sabar mau buat yg lain2 lagi :)

      Delete
  3. I see a lot of you post yoga pictures on Instagram and FaceBook. I'm sure the motivation keeps piling up ;D

    I'm interested in Yoga too. Laughter Yoga actually hehee jk.

    Have a good week yo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! Nanti kita berYoga ramai-ramai di beach. Ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. this pose is my fav yoga pose too..tiap2 hari mesti buat punya...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya Chegu! Daebak! (Pengaruh dari anak-anak bujang sa yang suka tinguk Running Man :P)

    ReplyDelete

On yet?

When i was 6, in Kindergarten, i have vivid memory of the nun (although not her face) who scolded me for not being able to read. Told me rep...